Uniswap Price & Charts
What Is Uniswap ?
Uniswap is a decentralized exchange protocol that allows users to swap ERC20 tokens. Uniswap facilitates automated trading of decentralized finance (DeFi) tokens to improve the efficiency of trading. Uniswap pools tokens into smart contracts and users trade against these liquidity pools, unlike using the traditional order book model. Anyone can swap tokens, add tokens to a pool to earn fees, or list a token on Uniswap.
What Makes Uniswap Unique?
- Uniswap solves the issues that platforms such as EtherDelta experienced with liquidity by creating liquidity for trading and the value that trading provides, for the DeFi ecosystem.
- Uniswap automates the process of market making, thereby reducing costs for all parties and limiting risk.
- The governance token (UNI) powers Uniswap as a self-sustainable and publicly-owned infrastructure while maintaining the qualities.
Advantages of using Uniswap
- Uniswap is decentralized, not dependent on any third party. Any user can connect to a Uniswap contract platform.
- Uniswap can create an exchange for any ERC20 token.
- Trading in Uniswap is cheap compared to other decentralized exchanges.
- Uniswap creates liquidity pools where anyone can contribute, with 0.3% commissions that are distributed amongst all liquidity providers.
- With Uniswap, you can experiment with the swapping and pooling of tokens in a risk-free environment.
- Uniswap is trustless, you hold your private keys when trading, using its platform. You trade directly with the liquidity pools and your tokens are in your custody.
- Uniswap is well secure having being built on Ethereum blockchain. The smart contracts have been severally audited by those who verified the MakerDAO contracts.
Team of Uniswap
Not much is known about the team but the platform creator is Ethereum developer Hayden Adams. He worked in various projects before coming up with Uniswap.
Use Cases of Uniswap
- Uniswap (UNI) token is a financial tool for DeFi projects as it plays a vital role in trading, payments and settlement in DeFi sphere.
- Uniswap (UNI) is a decentralized exchange (DEX.) where most ERC20 tokens are traded.
- Uniswap (UNI) tokens are used for payment of goods and services.
- Uniswap (UNI) tokens can be stored as a store of value or in a wallet.
Mining of Uniswap
Uniswap (UNI) can be mined using Liquidity Mining. All that, a holder needs to earn, is to provide liquidity to the pool. Rewards are given for such contribution.
Uniswap (UNI) tokens are available for purchase at major exchanges such as OKEx, Coinbase Pro, and Binance etc.
Notes for Investors
Uniswap (UNI) is performing relatively well in the cryptocurrency market, as a result of its innovations and its acceptability.
Presently, the unit price of Uniswap (UNI) is $2.35 USD, the market capitalization is $498,312,848 USD the circulating supply is 211,651,290 UNI and is currently ranked 35th in the cryptocurrency market.
These statistics have shown that, Uniswap (UNI) is a DeFi project for the future and has started gaining traction.
The content provided here, is not intended to endorse Uniswap (UNI) for investment but for general information, extracted from third party sources. The cryptocurrency market is experiencing instability lately, therefore consult your financial advisor before taking any decision.