Madden’s Resort and Lost Lake Lodge are located in a beautiful scenic area of north central Minnesota near Brainerd. Madden’s is located on scenic Gull Lake and offers 63 holes of outstanding golf. Lost Lake Lodge is located in the Gull Lake Narrows in nearby Lake Shore, MN and boasts extraordinary fishing and boating. Each site is amazing, but they have different amenities, that make them perfect for different kinds of escapes—from family vacations to romantic getaways. Here are five good reasons to book your next trip to one of these fabulous resorts.
1. Madden’s is a haven for golfers. Madden’s has three 18 hole courses and an executive nine hole course. The “Classic” is one of the top golf courses in the country and was named the top public golf course in Minnesota in Golf Week magazine. The other two full courses are “Pine Beach East,” with its reachable par fives and drivable par fours—giving player a unique opportunity to score an eagle—and “Pine Beach West,” which is quicker to play, but has challenging lies and pin placements. As an added bonus, if you break par on Pine Beach West, your round is free. The “Social Nine” is a great place for beginners to learn, or for a warm-up round.
2. Plan a Romantic Getaway. Madden’s is an excellent place you couples to get away and recharge. Their “romance package” includes wine, chocolate, and dinner, and they offer spa packages including massages, manicures, and pedicures to help you have a relaxing trip. Book the Madden’s Resort Package which includes breakfast and dinner, tennis, croquet, and unlimited golf on the two Pine Beach courses. If you’re bringing the kids along, they offer a fun Adventure Cove program to give the adults some time to themselves while the kids have a great day too.
3. Family Vacation. For a family vacation with more of an outdoorsy feel, the Lost Lake Lodge, is an ideal choice. It’s a great place to hit the water with boat and jet-ski rental, wake-boarding, waterskiing, and tubing. It’s also close to fun family activities like mini-golf, go-karts, archery and shooting ranges, movies, shopping, amusement parks and more.
4. Fishing and Wildlife. At the Lost Lake Lodge, Gull Lake and Lost Lake offer excellent fishing for walleye, northern pike, bass, crappies and sunfish. You can fish from a boat or off of the pier. You can also hike the extensive network of trails to see local wildlife, or take a peek at a loon’s nest.
5. Food. Both resorts offer excellent cuisine—locally caught fish, steaks, chicken, pork, and vegetarian options. They feature award winning wine cellars, and delicious desserts. You really can’t go wrong at either resort—both are award winners for their food, and highly rated among the locals.