At Birchwood, Wisconsin: Stouts Island Lodge which is a few hours from Milwaukee, Madison and Chicago, life slows down because this is a haven for reconnecting, recharging and unwinding. The island is a magical place where timeless elegance and modern comfort meet. This is a historic resort that was built as a grand summer estate.
The following are five reasons you should go to Stouts Island lodge:
1. The island has different types of outdoor activities like badminton, bag toss and bocce ball. Every evening there is a bonfire at the area in front of the main lawn. Other activities at the island are canoes which are available in the boathouse, hydro bikes and kayaks. The canoes are free. Golf is also available at a place called Tagalong which was originally part of the Stout estate.
2. Fishing can be done at the Red Cedar Lake which is located in Barron County, Wisconsin. At its deepest point, the lake is fifty three feet deep. Anglers can catch a variety of fish that include Smallmouth Bass, Bluegill, Largemouth Bass, Walleye and Northern Pike.
3. Indoor activities include billiards which can be played in the game room, board games found at the great room, table tennis as well as TV and movies. For those who love reading, there is a library where you can borrow books.
4. The Calista Cruise is another reason to visit Stouts Island Lodge. This cruise is offered for one hour around the Red Cedar Lake. This will give you an experience you will not forget. The cruise has a few beers, a bottle of wine and champagne depending on your preference. However additional appetizers and beverages are available for purchase for your cruise as well.
5. Hiking, biking and ATV trails can be done because the area surrounding Red Cedar Lake has many trails for the travelers who are adventurous. These trials include the Tuscobia Trail which is the main off road trail and runs for about seventy four miles, it is easily accessible and well-marked.
The Ice Age National Scenic Trail is a thousand-mile footpath within Wisconsin. Another trial is the Cedar Side Trail which runs alongside Red Cedar River for about four miles. It offers spectacular views as well as jogging, biking or walking experiences.