If you think vacationing in the Midwest is ridiculous or only for Midwesterners, you really don’t know what you’re missing. The upper Midwest, specifically Wisconsin, has some of the finest luxury resorts in the country. One of these resorts is called The Abbey Resort in Fontana-on-Geneva Lake, Wisconsin.
The Abbey Resort is in southern Wisconsin, about an hour from Chicago, and offers true luxury for those lucky enough to know, or find out, about it. Here are just a handful of reasons for you to start planning your trip to The Abbey Resort.
1. The Hotel – There is no such thing as a bad room at The Abbey Resort. The suites are incredible and the resort also can accommodate larger groups in one or more of the villas. The bed will likely be the most comfortable bed you’ve ever slept in – seriously.
2. The Lake – The Abbey Resort overlooks the beautiful Geneva Lake. Even if you’re not into traditional water sports like water skiing or boating, the sunrise on the beach is a sight to behold.
3. The Skiing – Snow skiing that is! If your jaw just hit the table from thinking about a trip to Wisconsin in the winter, don’t be alarmed. It’s not as bad as you think and no worse than other ski destinations. With the off season rates – you won’t find a better ski getaway, especially if you’re bringing the kids.
4. The Food – If you like beef, pork and chicken then you will love Wisconsin. The 240 West restaurant at the resort is world class dining and yes – there is more on the menu than steak.
5. The Spa – Why would you go to Wisconsin for a spa? Well, it’s not just any spa; the Avani Spa will relax and invigorate you at the same time! The fitness center is fully equipped and probably much better than your current gym.
These are only 5 reasons to visit The Abbey Resort. There are many, many more, so start packing.