Everyone needs little guidance when planning a vacation, or trying to decide on out of town accommodations. Hopefully this will help a bit...especially if you are new to the vacation rental experience. Here are some things to consider and Duestions to ask yourself before you pay that deposit:
1. Are the photographs accurate? Make sure that you are seeing is what you will actually get. Keep in mind that anything can be done to photographs these days, inaccurately portraying what a borne may really look like. Ask if the photos are up-to-date and if not, ask what exactly bas changed. Also ask if there are any additional photos that can be sent.
2. Are there guest reviews? Are these in house or third parties? Before renting a place, you should always read reviews of guests who have actually stayed in the property you are thinking about.
3. How close is the rental to the sand? Many companies tell you that their rentals are "on the sand" or "beach front" when in fact, they are across the street. Find out exactly where the rental is in reference to the sand.
4. Does the rental provide Wi-Fi, TV and DVD Player or Stereo? Find out exactly what sort of entertainment amenities will be provided, so you don't come expecting something and find that it is not there.
5. Does the property management company offer rentals such as bicycles and surfboards? Are beach chairs and boogie boards provided?
6. Are there outdoor showers? This is an especially important Duestion for beach front homes ... there is nothing worse than tracking in sand to your beautiful clean rental.
7. Are the rentals owned by the rental company or by individuals? Many times, ifrentals are owned by the rental company, things are kept up-to-date and issues are resolved faster, as the company does not have to go through an owner to get approval for things. You are also dealing with the first party rather than the third.
8. Is there a catering service or private chef offered? Most companies can recommend caterers and private chefs for your use.
9. Is the property wheelchair or pet friendly? If you have specific needs such as pets or a wheelchair, make sure you inDuire about these things.